Saturday, September 24, 2005

the nerd-times are killing me

I have been a bad blogger as of late and it's not for a lack of wanting to post, it's the dauntingness of the white screen and the inevitable typing that must occur that puts me off. Chalkful of ridicious thoughts and yet no means to communicate it to my fingers . . . my clumsy fingers are my archnemisi. Oxen fingers of death, if you will.

So tonight will be a night of film goodness. I have rented the two weirdest new releases I could find. One being a post-soviet movie called "Since Otar Left", the second being the Korean film "A Tale of Two Sisters". Me thinks the second will be my favoritest, namely because it's a weird fairytale horror film in the traditional Korean pansori narrative style. WOOT!! That's not to say that Soviet film doesn't have it's merits because lets face it, I loves the USSR. *sigh* crazy pinko, I know.

Speaking of amazingly awesome film, the Edmonton International Film Festival is almost upon us. I have narrowed it down to six films I will be attending and strongly urge everyone with a love of good film to get themselves a EIFF guide and check out the amazingness abounds! Oh my brothers these are the nerd times I dream of.

No comments: