Sunday, October 02, 2005

an espresso fuelled ramble

Oh my brothers, today was a day of greatness. It involved my most favoritest things: Whyte Ave, cappucinos and lots of film. It was my kick off day of the Edmonton Film Festival and was dazzled by the likes of Eve and the Firehorse and C.R.A.Z.Y., both of which were only to please my little heart. Ha! Be jealous of my amazing Canadian indie film day.

I must admit that I am now completely in love with C.R.A.Z.Y, it was what film should always strive to be: poignant, innovative and wonderfully narrative. Oh sigh, I loved it so. It was filled with wonderful character details that greatly remind me of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's penchance for revealing the mundane details of his characters. The love to read the most idle things and the necessity to iron toast, small details and quirks . . . I loves it.

Between the films was jaunty goodness, I wandered Whyte Ave like none other . . . Whyte Ave has become my home, I know the streets in and out and they embrace me like we were old friends. The graffiti I have come to know very well, I seek it out and with bright eyes of a child I take it all in. Indeed, I have become an obsessive nerd in the worst way.

Viva la France!

No comments: