Sunday, January 29, 2006

bag lady thoughts



le sigh, I am torn. I have an obscene amount of homework due over the course of the next two weeks and yet instead of working away at the little bits, all I want to do is go to Whyte Ave or Downtown and take an obscene amount of pictures.

See the problem is this: I have been deprived of a camera for far too long, I miss photography and yearned for it. The best part is that I have been housebound for most of the weekend so almost all of my pictures are of me posing in several manners. Pathetic indeed.

Clearly, I am in a bit of a rut in my personal life . . . this whole antisocial bit is wearing thin. Normally, I like being alone but lately I just feel lonely. It's weird that I can sometimes feel myself shinking into my thoughts, like they will overtake me and I can't communicate outside of myself. I dunno, I just have felt weird lately. Also, I'm starting to be concerned that the older I get the more painfully self-aware I will become. I'll become an introverted bag lady wallowing in the constantness of her own situation.

I think that's what has been bothering me lately, I'm worried the longer I'm in school the more confined I will be to the inner sanctum of my thoughts. That somehow outside of the world of academia, I will fail to communicate with others except those that knew me long before or those who are willing to discuss issues of development in the Third World. That, or I just need to get out of the bloody house.

Clearly, I'm just wigging out. Hallo moodiness!! All I need is a pair of black-rimmed glasses to go with my temperment and I could be emo . . . that, my brothers, sent an icy chill down my spine.

1 comment:

Keltie said...

That's a great photo of you, Chel. You look amazing. Well done.

Thank you again for the fixit on my bag. Your talents never cease to astound. If you are doomed to be a bag lady, be sure the bags are all home-made. You would be the most amazing bag-lady ever.

-Smeltrex