Friday, July 21, 2006

walking with a swagger

Hallo my brothers!! I am currently posting from the GREAT BEYOND . . . that or New York City or whatevs. Ohhh my, I love it here so much it makes my heart explode with glee and my intestines gush nothing but love.

The flight here was a bloody gong show as I am a pent-up banshee who sobbed like a small child upon saying farewell to my mother . . . there was mockery via the airline staff. Neat! However I managed to survive the flight despite horrifying visions of snakes on the plane! MUTHAFUCKER! The greatest part about arriving is the discovering that humidity is the devil, and therefore by default, all things to do with the subway and it's delicious AC is wonderful and radtacular.

Last night was also awash with goodtimes and grossness . . . a seemingly intimate pair in Manhattan. I went with a crazy Danish lady from the hostel to a rap festival down by the Brooklyn Bridge . . . ohh yes it was fun and goodtimes abounds! Namely, because the band was the Sugar Hill Cult of the rapping grandma in the Wedding Singer fame. It was friggin' awesome! After the concert and plenty of beer, Mei and I walked across to the pier to the Bodies exhibit which is the producer of the wiggins and all things creepy-like . . . so many bodies in a small, small space. It was interesting/vomit inducing. Naturally, of course, despite it being an exhibit of sheer creepiness it didn't stop me from laughing like a banshee when I noticed that the penis of one of the bodies was missing . . . ohhh social awkwardness bless your soul.

Anyways friends and Romans, I am off to seek adventure or perhaps some nice Channa Masala.

TO DA MOON!

No comments: