Wednesday, November 02, 2005

oh moses smell the roses

Bonjour mon freres! Oh my, I have finally recovered from my weekend of rock to regale all the bloody details to you lovely people. My weekend was filled Matthew Good at the Starlite Room and goodtimes abounds. Three days of brilliant glory!! Ah yes, here's the breakdown:

The line was fun and goodtimes, I was there obscenely early as always. It's a thing, a schtick if you will; the goal being to transform Edmonton into the neurotic line-up capital of the world! Honestly people, get out and line up, cold brick and hard cement is the new cool. Alas, as it stands I am the lone line-up freak, people thought that I was not only a pusher of the illegal drug bits but also homeless. Neat! But there are rewards to such a neurosi, I got to hang out with Christian and Pat which was pretty much amazing. le sigh. Every day after a few hours with the filth and the wafting smell of Chicago Deep Dish food poisoning, I was joined by my comrades. It's awesome to be joined by a group of boys that are just as giddy by the sight of Matt Good as you are.

Let me tell you, I may sound slightly casual about my line obsession but it is not something to be tampered with. On the first night, I almost got in a fight with these people that tried to cut in front of me. I'm a relatively passive person but that crossed a muthafucking line!! Let that be a warning to anyone, you fuck with the line you had best be ready to throw down . . . ohh yes, so much street cred it hurts. Dang!

Ahh yes and now onto the best of the best: the concerts. It was a fanfuckingtastic tour to put it lightly. Matthew Good once again found a brilliant opening band, The Ladies and Gentlemen. Imagine a band of five guys beating themselves with tamborines and rocking the rhythmic clapping . . . oh it was fricking awesome! And then, Matthew and company came on stage . . . they were not to disappoint. Oh my brothers, the second night was the greatest Matt Good show I have ever seen and there have been many a shows. It's pretty much a guarantee that anytime a show starts up with The Rat Who Would Be King it's going to be the most awesomest. Not only did they start with my most favoritest song but then Matthew finished with an accoustic encore of Apparitions, Prime Time Deliverance, Tripoli and Generation X-wing. Oh it was goodtimes abounds. I heart Matt Good and the beauty he invokes.

1 comment:

chelsey said...

Thanks. The skin is available on blogger, it's a generic one because I lack the capacity to create my own. I stick to the basics because anything else would involve effort.

I must raise the question . . . which picture? As this post is clearly lacking a picture.