Thursday, May 05, 2005

the mighty return of my photo cord!


So today was a day of fun and goodtimes. Me and tony hit up Whyte Ave gangsta style . . . which means we looked and mishandled everything but basically bought nothing. I did happen to purchase a fantabulous ichy old woman sweater for $3.50. It was a regular christmas day miracle! That and couple amazing buttons at nokomis and a CD.

The blow-by-blow account:

Let me begin by declaring my love of Whyte Ave. I heart Whyte as it is the only place in Edmonton that doesn't make me feel like I am in smelly Edmonton and the suckiness of. So to ensure the trip was approperiately decorated, I put on some good old The Velvet Underground and enjoyed that fine, fine music.

The weather was actually rather brilliant, and so the strutting began down the strip. We hit up many a shop . . . several of which were shoe shops! I found a pair of Vans with this amazing argyll pattern which was beyond drool worthy. I will be back my sweets. This was followed by a brilliant visit to Junque Cellar, were vintage goes to die in an overpriced fashion. It's been open for 12 years, an amazing feat given the prices and the amazing world of crap they carry (see creepy soul-piercing dolls above).

After breezing through several more shops, me and tony decided that nachos and margaritas were a necessity. I love that Whyte Ave manages to provide constant amusement as the people wander by. I remained fixated on shoes as I lamented over those bloody Vans. Even now I feel a longing in my heart to possess those shoes . . . in fact, come pay day those and some new Cons will be mine!!! I like this new plan a lot.

As the nacho fun continued, tony, being the brilliant wordsmith that she is, uttered the phrase "wow, you really sucked back that pina". Needless to say, it completely ruined my pina colada as I couldn't contain the disgusted giggles everytime I went for a sip. Yes tony, I loves me the pina . . . fucker.

Anyways, this is bordering on way to long winded so to make it short: crack lady wandered by, it was odd as she is typically yelling at me as I walk by on 99 st, she was completely out of place. Wiggins ensued. Trip to nokomis, funtimes as I am an uberclutz and knocked over everything in sight. I am now determined to learn how to sew so I don't have to pay $100 dollars for a retarded purse. Explosion on Sherwood Park freeway. Had to find new exciting ways home through the ghetto. Awesome fun.
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Keltie said...

Let me get this straight.

Not ONLY did you go SHOE SHOPPING without the Shoe Guru, you also enjoyed a tasty pina colada without your Mexico buddy????

Oh. Oh that hurts.

Watch for my next post. I’m positive that you will enjoy it.

-S.G