Monday, May 16, 2005

a taste of pathetic awesomeness!

So I had to dump the Al Pacino film night in favour of an Asian cinema night which was originally going to be an Iranian cinema courtesy of Kiarostami. I'm so fucking beyond indecisive today. My indecision was mostly due to the fact that there is no where in the Park in which one can find any good foreign freaking films . . . I'm only met with sadness at the lack of anything subtitled and non-Hollywood. I want me some Kiarostami DAMMIT!

Fortunetely, my Asian cinema has only proven to delight! Currently I am chillaxin (oh I am so bloody lame for even uttering that phrase) to The Beijing Bicycle which is rather similar in plot to The Bicycle Thief; therefore, it is only destined to rock. The greatest moment was when there was witty little reference to Zhang Yimou . . . I am doomed to be one of the few who laughs like an idiot to the offhand comment. It's utterly pathetic.

Nerdiness aside, I have some pocky to eat and some films to watch. God speed.

No comments: