Tuesday, June 14, 2005

greatness abounds

oh ho ho my brothers, this is a nerd post if ever there was one! Consider yourself warned.

I am so excited, beyond excited, in fact. It's one of those excitments that make you grin like a fool for hours on end and you only snap out of it when you realize your cheeks hurt and that happy grin has turned into a grimace of muscley pain. It's finally happened my friends!! They released "The Dictators: Hitler's Germany, Stalin's Russia" on paperback!! HOLYPISS!! I have been eyeing this book for months on end . . . it was nearing my year anniversary of patheticness with this book. I would go into the bookstore pick it up and just walk with it hoping someone would mistake the ownership as my own. The expense of such a book was the only thing keeping us apart. I was a poor student and it was a crazy overpriced hardcover.

It was beautiful, it was a huge black book with the word "Dictators" emblazoned in flaming red letters. The cover had profiles of Hitler and Stalin looking off into the distance like those cheesy grad photos were you look all dewy-eyed and hopeful. It was amazing, a regular Christmas day miracle! Richard Overy, you magnificent bastard, thank you my friend.

No comments: